Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Randomness of Random pt 27

I watched the movie "Social Network" last nite, i went ahead and bought it because i was sure i would want to own it. I am so glad i did buy it, it indeed was one of the best films I've seen in a long time. i also saw "Black Swan" a couple weeks ago, that was also really really awesome!!! I'm glad both of them are up for academy awards this year.

In watching Social Network, though, it made me look at Facebook differently... but it also made me think about what i was doing, what was I going to do to make a difference in this world? How was I going to make a morbidly epic mark on life in general? I used to have such huge dreams for my life... being a missionary living in India, working for a church/missions program, moving far far away from Memphis, in General, and it seems like all i have done lately is focus on the present, what is at hand, and not the big picture. I've always been a 'big picture' kinda person, seeing beyond what is right in front of my face, seeing the whole... seeing beyond the now... however, that movie made me realize that I have to get my big focus back, that I need to make points to see beyond.... and so as some of you may have noticed that i have posted on my FB page that 2011, I WILL travel more, i will make points to see my friends and visit with those i love and miss dearly. I am even more inspired now to think bigger, thing better, think EPIC....

what are you going to do today to make a mark on this world? I know i often focus on the Christian perspective, but for general conversational purposes... what are YOU going to do?

No comments: