Monday, May 9, 2011

The Randomness of my new job... :)

Ok... so if you don't like hearing about how God works in mysterious ways, I'm going to warn you now to read no further... because this story is totally about how I knew I was going to get this job....

Around January of this year, I was informed at Accredo that was going to doing layoffs in conjunction with their 'Scaling for growth' effort. It was right when I heard about these new efforts, I knew when the layoffs hit my department, I would be the first one to go. I knew this because 2 months after i took the job, the previous January, my project i was hired for was cut... I was the obvious choice... I started looking for another job almost immediately... I had been looking, but kicked it up significantly.

As time went on, I started telling ppl i worked with that I knew I would be part of the layoff efforts. I didn't think overall it was personal, but I also knew my director wasn't my biggest fan. I suggested we started taking bets as to when the layoffs would be and to the fact that I would be the first to go.

About 2-3 weeks before March, I was contacted by a headhunter about a possible position that was open and was told they wanted to move fast. I was completely OK with it! I worked out to make sure I could go to the job interviews even in close week at my current job and I just had the feeling after I left the interview that I had that job. I also knew that the layoffs were coming quickly at Accredo. I was completely ok and even happy with the fact that I 'somehow' knew that I would be laid off. It was never confirmed to me... but I knew... and I was at TOTAL peace about it.

So after this interview (for a job, mind you, where i would be in REAL IT, and have a lot of work to do, potential to be a director in a year and have an instant increase).... i started getting that feeling ' outta nowhere' that I would be laid off and I would have a job to go to... eventually. I actually told some of my close friends from Accredo that I knew it would be me... i knew....

The week of the layoff.... first week of March... I knew I had that job... God gave me such peace about everything... i KNEW the layoff would happen that week too... again... 'just knew'.

I went into work on Wednesday March 6th.... I knew it was gonna be the day. The day before I had the overwhelming feeling that Wednesday would be the layoff day... I just felt like i had that other job, but I knew I wouldn't know either way about that job before the layoffs. I was still at TOTAL PEACE. and this... seriously... this I can only say is by the Grace of God...

Because what happened: i got laid off wednesday morning.  and i was ALL SMILES... :) I had a 6 week severance package from Accredo. I could not have been happier about that layoff. I was very unhappy with my job there simply because I would not doing what I was hired to do or what my skillset was. I was so ready for a change...

I knew that I was not going to have a job when I was laid off that morning at 10:30am. And I was happy. Went to starbucks, went and had lunch with my bestie... I processed things, got a tentative plan, went home and started to unpack a little... Completely at peace. Friends were over, visiting, playing thru the events... Then i sat down... around 230pm. I thought... how am I going to take care of my kids? It hit me then. How will I pay for my kids... ? wow.... really... ??? I have no job. I started at this point to not be 100% ok. I was thinking... 'OK, God. you told me I wouldn't have a job when I got Laid off but how long will I go? and something had told me, 3pm, that day.... I didn't know what was going to happen, but i knew 3pm.... Over and Over.... and around 3:10pm i got the phone call from the headhunter with the offer from the company! they wanted me to start immediately. HUGE increase. AND i had a vacay scheduled already that i had paid for around Easter that I had approved already too. And of course I accepted. This was what I was told would happen... and it happened exactly as such! I get a 6wk severance and a new job... all in the same day!

When has this ever happened before... that a majority has seen??? And I believe... God prepared me for this. I was prepared for this to happen. In just this way. I am a blessed woman....

No comments: